NEW ROUTE LOADING ANIMATION
We’ve added a loading treatment for newly-imported routes on Karoo, which will run until Karoo determines whether or not all required offline maps are downloaded. If so, Karoo will let you follow the route. If not, Karoo will let you know that you need to download the required offline maps.
SETUP SCREEN IMPROVEMENTS
We’ve made a number of improvements to the setup and first-use experiences on Karoo:
- We’ve added a prompt to create and connect your Hammerhead Account after riding without being signed in. This makes it easier to understand what our Hammerhead Accounts allow you to do.
- We’ve made it easier to skip initial setup on Karoo. This is an incremental (and temporary) step toward a new and improved setup experience. The new setup experience won’t require connecting WiFi or a Hammerhead Account to use Karoo (both of which were required for setup).
- For Karoo 2 users only, we’ve added a “Getting Started” tutorial to introduce core concepts. Go to “Learn More” in Settings to see this tutorial.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause the System Update screen to become unresponsive.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause Speed or Cadence to read “0” intermittently when connected to a speed, cadence, or speed/cadence sensor.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause Speed to read “0” intermittently when relying on GPS for speed.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause CLIMBER to display an incorrect (and exaggerated) value for Elevation To Top.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could prevent rides from uploading to Dashboard if they’ve been recovered after a mid-ride shutdown.
- Note: recovered rides will not upload to 3rd party services automatically.
- You will still need to go to the Rides list on either Karoo or Dashboard to upload the ride to any 3rd party services.
- We’ve fixed a bug on Dashboard that could cause the Recent Rides and Recent Routes windows on the Home page not to work correctly.