[KAROO 2 ONLY] Improved Control Center
We’ve made a number of improvements to Control Center:
- When opening the Control Center for the first time after starting to ride, the first page will now be Ride Controls, to make it even easier to do the most likely things.
- When using the Control Center to search for sensors, you no longer have to wait for all sensors to stop searching before trying again.
- When zero-offsetting your power meter using Control Center, you can now send a new zero-offset command after a successful one without closing Control Center. This will be particularly useful to owners of ROTOR brand power meters, which require a two-step zero-offset process.
- For anyone who uses a SIM, you can now toggle cellular data directly from the Control Center.
- We’ve added a screen overlay to announce when a Wifi has been toggled or a radar has been muted or unmuted. This should help reduce the chances of accidentally changing settings in the Control Center without realizing it.
New Last Lap Data Fields
We’ve added Last Lap data fields for Distance, Average Speed, Average Power, and Normalized Power.
Added Workout Target Data Fields
We’ve added Workout Target data fields for Target Heart Rate and Target Cadence.
Improved .FIT File Recording
Karoo now records a variety of new information to the FIT files, including TrainingPeaks values such as TSS, IF and Lap values such as Avg Speed or Cadence per Lap. This should make it possible to analyze your ride data with more 3rd-party analysis tools.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause shifting data fields to go blank mid-ride if connected to a SRAM drivetrain.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause certain routes to appear to be missing from the Routes list on Karoo.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could prevent workouts from appearing on Karoo if you have synced a lot of workouts in the past.
- We’ve fixed a bug where the orange line on the map for the Strava Live Segment you are riding appears on top of the current location marker.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused Available Storage not to update after deleting a Downloaded Map Region on Karoo.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented CLIMBER from working on Komoot routes that included “Off Grid”/freehand sections (sections that are built without the “Follow Roads” feature on Komoot). CLIMBER would work up until the first “Off Grid”/freehand section and then not work again for the rest of the route.
- We’ve fixed a bug that sometimes caused Map data pages that had no data fields (i.e. an All Map Layout) to have a blank space covering part of the map. This was particularly likely to affect profiles that were only a Map page (i.e. no other pages in the profile).