Introducing CLIMBER Without A Route
Karoo can now predict your course of travel when riding without a route, so you can see every climb on every ride, even when you know the roads well.
- See our Knowledge Base article here to learn more about how CLIMBER works, with or without a route.
- You can still restrict CLIMBER to only when following a route, or never at all, under Settings on Karoo.
Introducing Route Favorites
Go to Dashboard to identify your Favorite routes, and have quick access to them from the Collections section at the top of the Routes list on Karoo.
New Last Lap Data Fields
We’ve added the following Last Lap data fields:
- Last Lap Avg Heart Rate
- Last Lap Avg Cadence
- Last Lap Ascent
- Last Lap Descent
- Last Lap Power Balance
New Interval Data Field
We’ve also added a data field for viewing the remaining duration of your current Interval in a Workout.
- We’ve improved the reliability of Ride Resume to handle longer rides.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause sensor connectivity issues if you had a smart light connected to Karoo, especially if using Control Center to change light modes on Karoo 2.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause your time zone to be incorrectly set on Karoo if using a SIM.
- The in-ride labels for Target Cadence, Target Power, Lap VAM, Average VAM, and 30s Average VAM data fields were not displaying as intended. They are now fixed.
- We’ve fixed a bug that made building a route on Karoo challenging by locking the available map view.
- For those who use an electronic drivetrain paired over ANT+ (SRAM, Campagnolo, or FSA), the Shifter Battery data field could show “0” for some time at the beginning of a ride, while the Karoo waits for the drivetrain to share its battery status. We’ve improved the treatment there to more clearly describe what’s happening.
- We’ve fixed a text sizing issue on the Route Preview page on Karoo in which Distance and Total Ascent could spill over onto two lines if the route were long enough.
- We’ve fixed a bug with the option of “reversing” a route on Dashboard, in which certain routes failed to be properly reversed and would cause a software crash on Karoo when trying to follow them. This was especially common for Komoot routes that included freehand “Off Grid” sections.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause Routes from Connected Accounts (such as Strava) to be imported multiple times and duplicated on Dashboard/Karoo.